Instantly seal holes and gaps in your EPDM, PVC, timber, felt or metal roof with the highly durable cut-to-size SpeedPatch Kit, and stop leaks today.
What You Need to Know:
Size: Small, medium or large
Coverage: Small Kit – Suitable for 3 holes of no more than 8cm x 4cms each. Medium Kit – Suitable for 3 holes of no more than 8cm x 4cms each and 1 hole of 20cms x 13cms. Large Kit – Suitable for 3 holes of no more than 8cm x 4cms each and 3 holes of 20cms x 13cms.
Application: Paint or roller on.
Cleaning up: You need a strong cleaning product like Xylene for cleaning tools, etc afterwards.
What’s in the kits?
Kits come in small, medium and large sizes.
A small Kit contains: 250 ml UV Primer, 3 x Speedpatch No 1 (sm), 2 x 1″ Brush, 100ml Biocide, 1 x gloves
A medium kit contains: 250 ml UV Primer, 3 x Speedpatch No 1 (sm), 1 x Speedpatch No 2 (lg), 2 x 1″ Brush, 2″ Brush, 100ml Biocide, 2 x gloves
A large kit contains: 500ml UV Primer, 3 x Speedpatch No 1 (sm), 3 x Speedpatch No 2 (lg), 2 x 1″ Brush, 2 x 2″ Brush, 100ml Biocide, 2 x gloves
Sizing up your Repair Job
Small Kit – Suitable for 3 holes of no more than 8cm x 4cms each, or for covering the same total surface area across smaller holes.
Medium Kit – Suitable for 3 holes of no more than 8cm x 4cms each and 1 hole of 20cms x 13cms, or for covering the same total surface area across smaller holes.
Large Kit – Suitable for 3 holes of no more than 8cm x 4cms each and 3 holes of 20cms x 13cms, or for covering the same total surface area across smaller holes.
How Do I apply It?
- Ensure your roof or gutter is structurally stable and that you’re safe at all times.
- Start as you mean to go on. Do a thorough clean and your roof repair can be 100% weatherproof in the long run. Ensure you clean well beyond the hole and affected area. You should be left with an area free of dirt and grime.
- Every kit is equipped with the powerful biocide, this was developed by the market leaders in roof coatings in the competitive markets of Scandinavia and northern Europe, and it’s now available for your roof repair. Mix 1 part Biocide to 2 parts water. Now moss and spores won’t develop under the repairs and you can stop leaks for longer.
- Most porous surfaces need priming to allow proper adhesion and long term weatherproofing, and your roof is no exception. This kit comes with a UV curing resin that will dry when exposed to sunlight, making it clean and easy to use. Wait for the surface to dry after your thorough clean, and then paint the primer onto the damaged area. Completely cover the hole and the surrounding area with a generous amount of primer. Wait for this to dry before applying the SpeedPatch. Drying/curing time will depend on the day’s brightness, and you can use a UV light to speed up the cure.
- Surface well prepared and primer all dry, and you’re ready for the main event. SpeedPatches are UV cured, so exposure to the daylight will begin to turn them rigid. With this in mind, it’s best to handle the patch carefully, keeping it as much in the shade as possible (even if the only shade that day is from you). Cut open the foil packet and cut the patch to size. Keep in mind that it’s best to cover well beyond the hole for added durability. One side of the SpeedPatch is covered with a sun-blocking tape. Keep this on until after application. This is the side that faces toward the sky. On the other side there is a clear film which you can now peel off.
- Apply the speedpatch over the hole so that the sun blocking tape faces up. Apply pressure where it’s safe to do so and ensure that all areas are properly adhered to your roof. Peel off the black tape and continue applying pressure, particularly around the edges of the patch.
Bigger holes can also be suitable for repair, although you’ve got to make sure that the speedpatch can get enough space around the damaged area.
Why Choose Roof Hole Repair Kit?
- Fully waterproof most-sized holes with a tough and long lasting barrier
- Primer and SpeedPatches cure with sunlight, so no catalyst or mixing required
- Quick and easy to apply, especially with the comprehensive photo guide
- UV Curing Resin provides a durable primer to give your repair long term adhesion
- Cut and shape into position, highly flexible before cured so ideal for holes in the fibreglass sheeting
- Save time and money by avoiding costly coating or over-cladding refurbishment
Everything you need for complete roof hole repair:
- Tough and flexible SpeedPatch, fully weatherproof sealant for holes in your felt, EPDM, metal, timber or GRP roofs
- UV Curing Resin acts as a primer to ensure proper adhesion and long term waterproofing
- ISO A-Clean, specialist roof cleaner to prepare the surface
- Comprehensive step by step guide for application
- Brush for easy application of the primer
Small, medium or large
Small Kit – Suitable for 3 holes of no more than 8cm x 4cms each. Medium Kit – Suitable for 3 holes of no more than 8cm x 4cms each and 1 hole of 20cms x 13cms. Large Kit – Suitable for 3 holes of no more than 8cm x 4cms each and 3 holes of 20cms x 13cms.
Get the surface clean and dry. Prime the roof or gutter. Cut patch size keeping out of UV light, peel off clear film stick over hole and apply pressure. Then take off black sun blocking tape.
Purchased a large speedpatch and UV primer/resin for the repair of a large hole in an old asbestos garage roof. Products received swiftly with excellent application instructions and I could not be happier with the end result , thoroughly recommended.
Ordered and delivered within 2 days. Brilliant service. The Asbestos roof repair pack is fantastic, does the job. highly recommended.
Great service, great product 🙂 Easy to apply and fixed my leaky old asbestos roof with minimum fuss……..Thanks 🙂
1) Do I need any extra tools or experience to apply it?
No. This is a complete DIY kit. You’ll get everything you need to stop the leak. The only extras you’ll need is a bucket to mix the A-Clean and water together, and a soft brush for the cleaning. This can be a standard dustpan style brush, so long as the bristles are soft.
2) Why should I get a kit?
All of the products in the kit have been carefully selected. They’re generally more durable, longer lasting and easier to apply than what you’ll find at the local hardware store. Roofing contractors have been using these materials for years, and they’re now available to you. It’s also more cost effective to order a kit than to buy the items seperately.
3) How long will the repair last?
You should expecct 5-10 years, but it could be much longer, or shorter if it gets damaged. There’s no clear cut answer for this as it’ll depend on the roof conditions and future weathering.
4) Is asbestos safe to repair?
Yes, so long as you follow HSE guidelines. Keep yourself safe at all times.
5) Why use a SpeedPatch to cover holes?
Unlike tapes or matting, a SpeedPatch is a tough barrier that’s made from GRP laminate. This is easy to cut to size and shape around roof contours. The SpeedPatch cures when exposed to sunlight and forms a strong rigid barrier over holes. Combine this with the UV Curing primer and you’ve got a watertight seal that will go on year after year.